Presser Hall is the oldest occupied building on campus. The auditorium portion was opened in 1929, and the office/studio wing was opened the next year in 1930.
The auditorium, located on the first floor, is utilized for a variety of special events, convocations, commencement, and musical performances, including Bethany’s annual Messiah Festival performances. Presser Hall Auditorium features a 4 Manual, 80-Rank Reuter Pipe Organ with 4,329 pipes, a 9′ 6″ Bosendorfer Imperial 290 concert grand piano. The auditorium’s balcony was renovated in 2008, the ceiling and plasterwork was repaired and painted in 2014. Total seating capacity is 1,752.
Presser’s first floor also features the main lobby, renovated in 2008; the President’s Office, the Business, Registrar’s, Communications, Human Resources & Advancement/Alumni offices. The Messiah Festival & Music Department office is located on the second floor of the building.
In its lower level, Presser Hall contains the Publications Office, as well as offices and workrooms for faculty members in English, communications, theatre, philosophy and religion.
Bethany’s Music Department is housed on the second and third floors of Presser Hall. The floors include the DeWitt Music Center, faculty studios, classrooms, a digital piano laboratory and practice rooms.